Workshop led by show artist Emily Garfield.
Suggested donations from sliding scale of $5-$20 per participant to go to instructor. Limited to 12 participants.
No prior experience with collage or animation required.
RSVP here: https://changes-animation.splashthat.com/
- Please bring a smartphone or tablet (whatever device, as long as it has a camera and is flat/ not a laptop)
- You’re also welcome to bring your own collage elements to work with, though we will provide a variety of elements on the theme of the animation. Keep in mind that these don’t need to be 2D; a small figurine or toy could also take part, for instance. Items should be pretty small though.
Note: Instructor will recommend to participants stop-motion apps to load prior to workshop.
- 10 min (as people come in) visitors should view the animation if they haven’t already
- 10 min Emily presents on her background and inspiration for her animation work
- 15 min Emily presents on techniques for stop-motion and using your smartphone
- The rest of the workshop is for participants to play around with the provided/brought materials and craft stop-motion animations. Emily will be available to answer questions, help with technical issues, etc.
- 20 min before end: participants come together and can present their animations to each other if they wish.